There are many ways to connect and share with the telecentre.org community. This website is easy to use — these are just a few tips to get you started.
- Sign up with a consistent email address — telecentre.org have community sites in English, Spanish, French, Arabic, and Russian. You may decide to join more than one community as an individual or an organization. In order to make it easy for you to switch between sites and keep the same message inbox and friends list, we suggest you use the same username and password (Ning ID) for each site. You can choose to change your contact email address later but your Ning ID is permanent — so jot it down for reference. If you already have a Ning ID and have just created a new one to join this site then please stop now, leave the network, and join with your existing Ning ID. Send an email to email@example.com if you are having trouble.
- Read the Community Guide — We've pulled together important information about the community rules, tips on how to use the web tools and features, and listed places you can get help.
- Choose how you want to stay updated — You can use RSS feeds or sign up for our newsletter.
- Complete your profile — Tell us about yourself (individual or an organization), upload a photo (or your logo), and customize the colors and layout of your page. Images look best at 175x175 pixels.
- Let others know you've joined telecentre.org! — Look for members you know and say "hello" by writing a comment on their wall and adding them as friends. This will make it easy for you to find and interact with them later. Invite other people to join the community.
- Leave comments — Browse through the member profiles, forums, blogs, groups, photos, and videos. When you see content that interests you leave a comment. Reply to a discussion. Rate photos or videos. Even a simple "Thanks for this interesting post!" can inspire people to keep sharing and connect you with others.
- Post a blog or forum discussion — Use the Quick Add drop-down menu in the top right box. Forums are great places to exchange ideas and ask questions. Blogs are great tools to share news, learning, and ideas. If you already maintain a blog on another website related to telecentres add it to your profile and let a Community Learning Coordinator know so that we can include it in our community news feed.
- Share photos and videos — You can also share interesting content with others by sending an email link.
Once you get familiar with the site you will find many other things you can do as a member of the telecentre.org community. We hope you enjoy the experience and do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or suggestions.
← Community Guide