"Dear Mr. Akram ;
Thank you for being in touch , I know that you're a member in the ESKWA , so if I want to be an ESKWA member what are the steps or the procedures needed for this ?
Thank you and waiting for your reply"
Category That Best Represents Me. Note: You may create a separate profile for your organization.
Nonprofit organization, Telecentre, Telecentre user
El-Gora Community Development Association
About Me (biography or organization description)
Six years experience in social development in Sinai governorates. Good experience in dealing with coordination in NGOs and international agencies. Coordinated five projects funded by NGO SC , PDP and executing a project for Enhancing the health level at El-Gora funded by the Swiss Fund. Excellent command of English and computer skills, good knowledge of French. TraiNet operator in a USAID-funded project. Authorized trainer in gender from NGO Service Center. Authorized translator of English with six years of experience in translating proposals and communicating with foreign agencies. Have B.A. in English literature , Faculty of Al-Alsun Ain Shames University 2002 with graduation project in virtual reality .
The CDA, nevertheless, is an organization taking part in many fields and cooperating with various organizations; it is a member in Nursery Supervisors League , General Development Association Federation , General Associations Federation in the governorate , General Environment Association Federation . It is also a member in the Arab Woman League. a member in Shorouk Committee for Local Development , a member in Raising Needed Woman and Child Level Project Network and a member in Center Development Population Activities (CDPA). The CDA has been chosen recently by the NGOsc to be a guiding association in gender integration policy.
Areas of Interest/Expertise and Types of Services Provided
The association is very keen on upgrading youth ideological and awareness level on the basis of tolerance in order not to go astray and recruit in extremist trends, in this prospect a series of programs have been carried out:
• Fostering civic participation for secondary school and university students in North Sinai in cooperation with USAID.
• Providing Legal support for Bedouin youth Program: The program aims at providing political and legal awareness for youth and supporting them to participate in civil life.
• Advocacy Program for Volunteering in Developing Local Community: aims at raising the organisational echelon of the CDA in cooperation with NGOsc.
• Developing handcrafts Program in El-Gora: the program aims at preserving the Sinai heritage through training youth in handcrafts and leaving their own prints in order to guarantee transferring heritage to the young generation.
• El-Qudos Computer Center: aims at training youth on using computer in cooperation with Social Development Fund.