"Congratulations for the new the launch of telecentre.org Foundation. I am sure that it will be a new beginning for all telecentre participants around the world to achieve more cooperation and success.
I am happy to announce that within this…"
"I am G.suresh kumar , from India. I am a post Graduate, who sacrifices a life for the development of poor dalit peoples. In India dalit means, Untouchables, who are not as equal as to high caste people? They are live in separate places. Even some…"
"Welcome to the telecentre.org community.
Please check out the Getting Started link which will guide you for some important information on how to use this site. Also you can browse Help & Feedback, and How to Participate to know more about…"
Categories That Best Represent Me (check all that apply). Note: You may create a separate profile for your organization.
Academic/research, Government agency or ministry, Nonprofit organization, Program/Project/Initiative
AMAL Qena Association For Sustainable Development (Amal Qena)
Co-Founder and Chairperson
About Me (biography or organization description)
Currently, I am the Co-Founder and Chairperson of Amal Qena Association for Sustainable Development (Amal-Qena). I used to be working as a Project Coordinator and Executive Assistant within different projects and programs funded by CIDA, USAID, GTZ, and EU. My responsibility includes writing proposals, preparing visibility studies, communicating with the funding organization and coordinating with them for the implementation of the projects.
Areas of Interest/Expertise and Types of Services Provided
- Decentralization management.
- Social development through NGOs.
- Illiterate’s eradication projects and pedagogical assessment.
- E learning and training guidance and schooling administration.
- Eco-tourism and eco-lodges.
- Green hotels, green globe and blue flags.
- Environmental awareness and education.
- Technologies for renewable energy.
- Energy efficiency technologies.
- Air and noise pollution sources and control measures.
- Industrial wastewater management.
- Environmental management and planning system.
- Solid waste management, pollution prevention and recycling.
I am G.suresh kumar , from India. I am a post Graduate, who sacrifices a life for the development of poor dalit peoples. In India dalit means, Untouchables, who are not as equal as to high caste people? They are live in separate places. Even some tea shops have separate glasses for dalits. In rural areas some saloons won’t allow dalits to cut their hairs. Dalits are weaker than high caste people like wise, educationally, economically and socially. I am also from the same community. So I decided, to sacrifice my life for the development of my community people.
I have 12 years experience in the social field. I have formed an organization called PASS,
(Positive awareness service society) on 1995. From 1995 onwards I am doing some service fro the development of poor dalits.
Our Motto is “Instead of giving a fish, we teach them to catch a fish.
To reach out our motto, I strongly concentrate on education. Because, education can only gives all aspects in our life.
To reach our motto, all our programs and projects concentrate on development of poor dalit people.
Our org. is having permission from the central govt to receive funds from foreign agencies. Now we are seeking some kind of help from the donors to strengthen our service.
Our organization activities:
POSITIVE AWARENESS SERVICE SOCIETY (PASS), a registered voluntary organization comes under the Society Registration Act 111/1995. It is a non-profit making service organization committee for the empowerment of rural asset less voiceless and powerless people from the year 1995. From the date of its inception, PASS is meaningfully contributing for the empowerment of the rural poor people in Arni block and polur-block of Tiruvannamalai District.
Some of the ongoing major activities are given below:-
• Conducting Paramedical Courses i.e., DMLT, DNA
• Awareness generation program for the Rural women, Formation of self help groups
• Environmental campaigns
• Integrated child development programs
• Sanitary latrines to the poor people
• Leadership trainings
• Health awareness programs.
Projects have been carried out by our organization since it was founded:
Activity Date and year No of beneficiaries Sponsoring agency Country
Youth political awareness camp 120 members Alert funds Netherlands
Summer camp for dalit students – 70 members • Peace child International. Completed.
Alternative schools for school drop outs
From 2003 on wards
Govt SSA programme
Tamil nadu Government
Vocational Training program On going 30 girls Ananda foundation America
Medical camps and treatment in rural areas On going 2500 nos Local lion’s club India
Organizations fund its activities:
Year Activity Sponsoring agency Country Amount received In $
2005 - 06 Youth political awareness camp Alert funds Netherlands 350$
2006 – 07 Summer camp for dalit stu dents • Peace child International. Completed.
2007 -08 Vocational Training program Ananda foundation America 3472 $
In future I want to do:
1. To from a dalit Innovative centre, this is consisting of resource materials, resource parsons and Give training to get High Govt postings.
2. Mobile Health care unit to serve underserved Dalit people.
3. To construct a Hospital and paramedical centre and train to serve dalits.
4. To construct a home for orphan and vulnerable children.
5. Construct Houses for Handicapped youths. Please contact through my
Around the globe, women are less likely than men to have access to technology. This is a gap that exists in developing and developed countries alike. With an aim to address this issue and propose ways to empower young women, ECOSOC and ITU hosted a…