Categories That Best Represent Me (check all that apply). Note: You may create a separate profile for your organization.
Uganda Development Services
About Me (biography or organization description)
Rita is a development professional with a focus on leadership and management of rural development initiatives focusing on ICTs for rural development. She has had various engagements and accomplishments relating to Gender and ICTs and organisational development and sustainability. Rita has a passion for developing sustainable livelihoods.
She is trained and experienced in organisational development and management, strategic planning, project planning and management and entrepreneurship development. Her major strengths lie in servant leadership, motivation and encouraging, versatility, high level of concentration and orderliness, dynamic, takes initiative and is outgoing.
She holds a Masters degree in Business Management specializing in Entrepreneurship Development and Financial Management obtained from Potchefstroom University, South Africa. She has attended and spoken at several conferences
Uganda Development Services (UDS) is a non governmental organisation (NGO) providing the strategic means to overcome barriers to the improvement of livelihoods. It aims to contribute to the socio-economic development by empowerment of people and institutions with knowledge, information and skills that lead to sustainable socio-economic transformation and prosperity of communities.
Areas of Interest/Expertise and Types of Services Provided
Areas of interest include
Sustainable livelihoods through economic empowerment
UDS services include
a) Community Development Program
• Resource centre
• Book Box project
• Agricultural information dissemination project
• Promoting reading in primary schools
• Construction of water tanks
b) Information and Communication Program
• Internet Centre
• Computer Training Project
c) NGO Support Program
• Ufund project (funds transfer service)
• Management consultancy services
• NGO networking project
Welcome Rita to our community site. I just noticed, you didn't upload your profile photo yet. Please do so, as profiles are key to our engagement here. We also send the following standard message to everyone.
* Please take a look at our Community Guide for an overview of telecentre.org features, community norms and how to get started (Please see 'Quick Links').
* In future, we plan to consolidate all the blogs/content from multiple sources. If you already blog about telecentre/ICT4D issues, send me your blog URL (so that we can import those once the feature is ready) OR start your own personalized blog on this website
* Take a look at the forum and participate in some of the discussions! If you have question, please feel free to consult or drop a line at our 'Website Help and Feedback Forum' (http://telecentrecommunity.ning.com/forum/topic/listForCategory?categoryId=2086278%3ACategory%3A445)