The Tanauan CeC continues to serve its community as a conduit for efficient delivery of government and other services and a potent tool for empowerment of unserved and underserved communities. As it continues to serve, it also continues to grow, in number and in reach.
From the initial four computers donated by the National Computer Center, the Tanauan CeC now boasts of 16 desktops, 10 of which were obtained through the initiative of Leyte Governor Jericho Petilla, 7 laptops, 14 printers (inkjet, laser jet and continuous ink system), a photocopier, digital and video cameras, wireless routers, a digital light processing projector and a job kiosk.
With this expansion of infrastructure, the CeC also expanded its services to include additional programs and projects, such as the eSkwela Program for out-of-school youths and adults (OSYAs). As of June 2009, a total of 67 eSkwela learners are officially enrolled in the Tanauan eSkwela. Mana Flora, the oldest municipal scholar at 56 years old, wishes to convince her 11 children that it is not yet too late, even for her, to learn and to finish high school.
Additional CeC services include a free “wifi” or wireless local area network which provides constituents with a 24/7 internet connection, video editing and hardware maintenance. It also includes a Philippine Business Registry (PBR) Assistance Center in cooperation with the Department of Trade and Industry, and an Online Job hunting assistance desk thru the Job Kiosk. The Tanauan CeC believes that free access to internet, online programs, information and opportunities are a form of service and commitment to the public.
To date, the Tanauan CeC’s major accomplishments include:
• A total of 155 graduates for computer literacy program (Barangay Officials, Teachers, Principals, Young Professionals)
• A total of 67 eSkwela learners officially enrolled (municipal scholars).
• Promotion of local and international tourism particularly on Skimboarding, an international recreation participated in by enthusiasts from Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong, USA, Canada and Australia
• Promotion of products for EXPORT
• Medium of information of our Kababayans
• More computer donations thru its Guestbook Kumustahan.
Know more about this progressive Tanauan municipality through their website at http://www.tanauan-leyte.gov.ph and a featured photo shot at