Telecentre.org Foundation and Intel are organizing two webinars on Telecentres and Social Enterprises under the TIS Talks webinar series during next week. The first webinar takes place on Monday, August 27 at 20h00 GMT+2*, will be in Spanish and presented by Paula Cardenau from Ashoka. The second webinar takes place on Thursday, August 30 at 12h GMT+2*, will be in English and presented by Scott Anderson from Next Billion.
Social Enterprise is a key webinar for the TIS Talks series. Social Enterprise is a model with great potential to advance telecenters mission while strengthening its social, organizational and financial sustainability. It represents a blend between profit-making entities and mission-driven organizations, that bring telecenters one step closer to address the needs of the communities they served, while builds innovative business solutions, collaborative networks, and spreads social innovation.
Some telecentre practitioners and leaders are advancing social enterprise models (ATN and CDI in Brasil, Drishtee in India and BIIDNetwork in Bangladesh). However, most of the networks, knowledge workers and partner organizations remain distance from what could be a powerful force to drive sustainability.
In this webinar of the TIS Talksseries on Technology, Innovation and Sustainability, speakers from both organizations will present the following contents:
1. What is a social enterprise?
2. How has the social enterprise concept evolved, and what is its currently stage of development?
3. What is the relationship between social enterprise and development? (Examples of high-impact SE)
4. What are the opportunities to address social issues through the social enterprise model?
5. Social enterprise and development of BoP* businesses. (Examples)
6. ICT and social enterprise (Successful models, and the road ahead)
» Join with us for the free webinars at engageteachers.adobeconnect.com/telecentre at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
(*) GMT+2 (convert to your local time)